Monday, June 12, 2017

CORRECT RELATIONSHIP WITH THE GOHONZON

CORRECT RELATIONSHIP WITH THE GOHONZON

Vice President Tsuji once said, "We all have the same Gohonzon and practice in the same way; however, we find that while some people find tremendous benefits, nothing much happens for others, and still others find tremendous loss. What is the correct relationship with the Gohonzon? How can we practice to it to receive benefit?"

"The Gohonzon that is outside ourselves brings joy from within ourselves. And, when we establish a relationship with the Gohonzon in front of us by chanting Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo, that Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo within ourselves will well up. 

If we look at the Gohonzon and think to ourselves that by doing this, `I'm going to get something,' it is like a beggar asking for something. Even under these circumstances, we will probably receive a benefit; however, the type of benefit we receive in this way will be as tiny as the tip a waiter gets compared to full payment for a meal."

"We should chant daimoku with the attitude that through our prayers to the Gohonzon, whether it be for a new home, our business or our health, we will be able to contribute to the cause of kosen-rufu. Ask the Gohonzon, `For kosen-rufu, please let me overcome these difficulties.' Buddhist gods will render protection based on our prayer for kosen-rufu. Without thinking about kosen-rufu and simply chanting Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo, we will find little benefit. Benefit derived from our prayers based on kosen-rufu is as dynamic as flying in an airplane, while chanting just for our own sake is as slow as walking in terms of gaining benefit."

Excerpt from a lecture given by SGI-USA Vice General Director Greg Martin at the Seattle Culture Centre on June 9, 1995


4 comments:

Shreyansi said...

awesome

Zachary Crawford Mullings said...

Thank you for your work!

Anonymous said...

My marriage has been completely transformed by the A New Beginning workshop by Dr Itua love spell. I am shocked that so much can be done in love spell by Dr itua and that a marriage can so quickly get on the road to recovery…The resources taught by this Dr Itua love spell really work and can help repair a failing marriage. I would strongly recommend Dr Itua love spell to any couple that is considering divorce. One step will change your life and marriage .
Here is Dr itua contact..drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com   whatsapp  ..   +2348149277967

Maria Dominguez said...

You looking for solution to your marriage or relationship problem? if your answer is " YES " don't hesitate to text Marital solution Doctor he helped me get my ex lover back, Doctor Robbbinson Spells are authentic, My Husband left me for 8 months and I was devastated and couldn't find any way out to get him back. At some point I was depressed, until I came across comments while i was scrolling through the internet where people testified about how Dr Robbinson helped them Solve similar problems i am facing in my marriage. I contacted him and he never hesitated to help me as well,i followed and obeyed all instruction and advice given by Doctor today i am at peace with my husband again, my happiness is restored
Text/call: +12267705795
Email: Drrobbinssonspiritualhome@gmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100087189020870