Sunday, October 16, 2016

DO YOUR HUMAN REVOLUTION AND WINTER WILL TURN TO SPRING

DO YOUR HUMAN REVOLUTION AND WINTER WILL TURN TO SPRING
  
There is always a tendency to blame others for the problems we faced, rather than examining if these problems were actually caused by our actions/ behaviors, directly or indirectly. Instead of having this attitude when facing the possibility of a divorce, this member did her human revolution, deepen her faith, chanted stronger daimoku and participated in kosenrufu. Eventually, she saved her marriage. 
  
SGI Member's Testimonial:
  
I started chanting in June 2011, daily for at least 1 to 2 hours, sometime even more than 2 hours. I took up faith with Nichiren Buddhism because of the relationship with my husband.
  
I have been sincerely practicing daimoku with precise prayer. 6 months ago, I was suffering from a broken relationship with my husband.
  
I was very sad, as I do not wish to have such broken family/relationship and I always wish to give my children a very harmonious family.
  
When I was almost about to give up the relationship, a Soka Gakai member gave me a lot of support, sharing her experience on how she overcame and rescued her marriage through Nichiren Buddhism.
  
The problem that I faced was not a simple one. It was the results of family and relationship issues, personality and job pressure from both parties.
  
All these created the reasons for divorce.
  
I took up faith in Nichiren Buddhism and made the decision to take up the challenge to rescue marriage life.
  
A week after I started chanting sincerely, my husband sent me a message telling me “he need more time to do the best on family, and hope to have my understanding on him”.
  
It was a miracle from daimoku to the Gohonzon. The divorce did not proceed. Thus, I continued to increase daimoku daily to clear my karma.
  
I know this was my karma, which caused my husband to be under depression in a “world of darkness”. I vow to change my karma; to turn winter into spring; to change poison to medicine.
  
Through the chanting, I know everything happened with a reason.
  
It seemed like my life took the path to take up faith in Nichiren Buddhism because of this marriage issue. Through the chanting, my relationship with my in-law also improve and we become closer day-by-day.
  
Chanting to the Gohonzon is like a mirror reflecting ourselves; we become aware of our weaknesses.  I started to change my weakness and do my human revolution to build a better relationship with my husband.
  
Even though the divorce is out of the way at this moment, the problem between us could not be simply resolved overnight.
  
However, I never give up every bad thing that happened in my life. I continue with my strong prayer, attend weekly meeting and do kosen-rufu.
  
I believe deeply in the Gohonzon that I will turn my life to spring in one day soon.
  
“The process of changing poison into medicine begins when we approach difficult experiences as an opportunity to reflect on ourselves and to strengthen and develop our courage and compassion. Suffering can thus serve as a springboard for a deeper experience of happiness. From the perspective of Buddhism, inherent in all negative experiences is this profound positive potential.”
  
Whenever bad/worst thing happened, I would chant to the Gohonzon with a precise prayer.
  
“Apologize to the Gohonzon whatever I did wrong in previous time and current time, I must turn the poison into medicine.”
  
As a result of this unwavering faith, all bad circumstances improve for the better without any expectation.
  
Through chanting, I started to change my personality, thinking and attitude. Before I took up faith with Nichiren Buddism, I like to nag my family members and at my husband for not helping with the housework even he was back from work and was very tired and feeling down.
  
After chanting, I now have a positive thinking.
  
Before, I like to compare others’ husbands with mine but after chanting daimoku, I learned that nobody is perfect. I have to accommodate the weakness of my partner, cherish the life that he has given me – this is a true love towards my husband.
  
I know that I need more daimoku to get my husband out from a “dark” situation.
  
Even though I know he was very close with a married woman (she was going through a divorce with her husband), I never give up our marriage.
  
I continue chanting to and have deep faith in the Gohonzon. I will turn winter to spring soon. I chanted sincerely to the Gohonzon that my hubby will be able to apprehend the situation clearly and correctly.
  
With precise and strong daimoku for a few months, he did not contact that woman anymore.
  
I am really thankful to the Gohonzon and the faith in Nichiren Buddhism. Nowadays, our relationship become better day-by-day, and we are planning for our new baby soon.
  
I am sending a lot of daimoku to my husband everyday whenever I am chanting. I pray to the Gohonzon that I want my husband to be a capable leader and contribute to kosen-rufu.
  
Nichiren Daishonin stated, “If both of you unite in encouraging their [your husbands’] faith, you will follow the path of the Dragon King’s daughter and become the model for women attaining enlightenment in the evil latter Day of the Law” (MW-1, 146).
  
I wish everyone would have great wisdom from chanting daimoku.
  
Remember – Do not give up even we are facing any problem/obstacles during our daimoku to the Gohonzon.
  
The problems that happen in our life are our negative karma and we have to chant strong daimoku whether we are sad or happy.


No comments: